Information about Sharrouf Children. Full description coming soon.
Children of Khaled Sharrouf, an Australian Isis terrorist, are reunited with grandmother, Karen Nettleton, in Syria in this year. Five Sharrouf children have been taken out of the country and it is believed they will return to Australia.\r\nSharrouf went first, using his brother’s passport, and the family followed a few months later. They almost immediately made international headlines when, in August of that same year, Sharrouf published shocking pictures of one of his children holding a severed head. In other photos, the children posed with dead bodies hung from metal crosses.\r\nOn June 24, 2019, it was reported that eight Australian children had been evacuated from a Syrian refugee camp, including three orphaned children of Khaled Sharrouf. The Australian government evacuated the children secretly while working with aid groups. The eldest child, Zaynab, had two children of her own, also evacuated.\r\nIn February 2014, Ms Nettleton, Tara and the Sharrouf children went to Malaysia on a holiday. Tara told her mother she planned to go on to Turkey. She said she wanted to visit the famous Topkapi Palace in Istanbul, where scenes from her favourite Turkish soap opera were filmed. They would be home in a few months, she told her mother.\r\nThe government may allow the orphan children of Islamic State fighter Khaled Sharrouf to return to Australia. The government has previously said no ISIS fighters would be allowed back into the country, but says the Sharrouf's orphaned children will be accepted if they are able to reach an Australian embassy.\r\nMystery benefactors have offered the children of terrorist Khaled Sharrouf free accommodation and money for healthcare and education once they escape their Syrian hellhole. 'Wealthy people', who won't be publicly named, have stunned the orphans with generous offers of help, family lawyer Robert\r\nSave the Children Australia’s Mat Tinkler says the children rescued from a Syrian refugee camp need the ‘love and support’ of the community.\r\nSharrouf made international headlines in 2015 when he published a photograph of his seven-year-old son Abdullah holding a severed head with the caption: "That's my boy." Sharrouf, his wife, Tara Nettleton, Abdullah and another of their five children, Zarqawi, have all since died.\r\nKaren Nettleton, the Australian grandmother of the Sharrouf children, was ecstatic to hear they were still alive but was worried about their fate, her lawyer Robert Van Aalst told the ABC. "We had a suspicion that's where the children were, that's been confirmed by Zehra, and the window of opportunity is closing fast," he said.\r\nHer terrorist husband Sharrouf is believed to have been killed by a drone or an airstrike, at some point between 2015 and 2017. After having initial reservations about helping the Sharrouf children return to Australia, Prime Minister Scott Morrison vowed they could be repatriated on the condition now Australians were injured doing so.\r\n