Peters ice cream factory grafton

Peters ice cream factory grafton

Information about Peters Ice Cream Factory Grafton

Wiki source

Peters Ice Cream is an Australian ice cream brand, now a subsidiary of European food firm R&R Ice Cream. It was originally developed by an expatriate American, Frederick (Fred) Augustus Bolles Peters in 1907, using his mother's recipe. The company was established in 1907 at Paddington, New South Wales as the Peters' American Delicacy Company. New works to manufacture 'The Health food of a Nation' was opened at neighbouring Redfern in 1923. Business flourished, in 1927 he set up Peters' Arctic Delicacy Co. Ltd in Brisbane and a branch in Newcastle; followed by, in 1929, associated companies were established in Victoria, Western Australia and at Townsville with manufacturing branch at Queensland. Peters was largely responsible for introducing to Australia the small refrigerated cabinet, which he hired out to retailers. The red and cream corporate identity was adopted in New South Wales and Queensland, whilst green and cream were used in Victoria and Western Australia . The hub of the company, in Australia was a food firm known as Petersville Australia Limited, in the Melbourne suburb of Mulgrave, which later became the factory, which remains the production centre for most of its ice-cream products.