Interesting facts about France - photo# 1
1. In France it is customary to tell a person who has just sneezed, not "Be healthy", but "Let all your desires come true". In French it sounds - "a tes souhaits".
Interesting facts about France - photo# 2
2. The type of weapon, called "Grenade", was named so by analogy with the fruit of Granat. When he invented it in the 16th century because of the similarity with the fruit of the Pomegranate, and also because its fragments resembled granules of a pomegranate, the weapon also received such a name. Now everywhere, and the fruit, and weapons are called the same - grenade.
Interesting facts about France - photo# 3
3. France without exaggeration can be called a country of castles - for all the past centuries they were built about 5 thousand. Agree - because this applies to interesting facts about France.
Interesting facts about France - photo# 4
4. Legislation of France allows marriage with the deceased. Usually this is necessary if the bride is pregnant, and the groom has died before the wedding. In this case, registration is possible with the personal assurance of the document by the President of France. True, this kind of marriage does not give the right to inherit the property of the deceased groom.
Interesting facts about France - photo# 5
5. The glory of France brought many achievements, but the greatest fame was given to fashion and, of course, cuisine. In this gourmet country, almost 300 varieties of cheese are produced. Truffles - the most expensive mushrooms (1 kilogram can cost 600 euros) also add to this country of tourists interest.
Interesting facts about France - photo# 6
6. Many countries have their own name for the popular melody "The Dog Waltz." In England it is called "Flea Waltz", and Bulgarians call "Cat Waltz". There are among the names of this melody and march, and polka. But the French surpassed all, calling this popular melody "Chop Cutlet".
Interesting facts about France - photo# 7
7. Not so long ago - in 2000 in France published a book with the title "99 francs" by the author Frederic Begbeder. The most interesting thing is that they sold it at this price. Even more interesting is that when it was released in other countries, the price of the book was set by a similar method, changing the name. For example, in Japan it was 999 yen, in Germany - 39.90 marks.
Interesting facts about France - photo# 8
8. The tradition of Christmas tree ornaments keeps history from France.
Interesting facts about France - photo# 9
9. In the 19th century, French society considered oysters as food for the poor. Since meat was too expensive for them, the poor people replaced it with oysters. The colossal catch of shellfish caused a sharp contraction, and then a rise in prices. After that, oysters became a delicacy.
Interesting facts about France - photo# 10
10. French language does not have proper names for all numbers. For example, the number 70 Frenchmen will say so - "Sixty and ten." And the number 80 and that is more original - "Four times twenty", similar and 90 - "Four times twenty and ten". Not everything is easy for them.
Interesting facts about France - photo# 11
11. What you will not do for a woman, especially for a queen. When Madame Mentenon, the wife of Louis XIV, wished to go in the summer on a sleigh, then because of the lack of snow for her built on the roads of Versailles, using a lot of salt and sugar. Historians claim that the queen was very pleased.
Interesting facts about France - photo# 12
12. The majority of the French "French kiss" is called English.
Interesting facts about France - photo# 13
13. The substance, as doctors teach, killing even a horse, was named in memory of the French scientist Jean Nico, who was the first to build a tobacco factory in 1559.
Interesting facts about France - photo# 14
14. The musical direction "Chanson", which arose in France, has nothing in common with thieves' songs, which are classed among us as chanson. The glory of chanson was created to a certain extent by the famous Edith Piaf, who sang in this genre.
Interesting facts about France - photo# 15
15. A well-known statue of Liberty was presented to France by America in 1886 in honor of the independence of the United States.
Interesting facts about France - photo# 16
16. The only European Disneyland is in Paris.