A CD Storage Box is a device that keeps your CDs safe and organized. It keeps them away from dust, scratches, humidity, even sunlight. It protects the data on it and also looks pretty in your home entertainment center or your office/study room. Apart from keeping your fragile and expensive CDs safe for many years to come it also provides you with convenient access to the CD you want to play.
Why do I need CD Storage Boxes?
You probably have hundreds or even thousands of CDs at home that are just lying around, piled up in drawers, or stacked on top of each other. They are not organized and they can easily get misplaced, damaged, scratched, dirty or broken. CDs are pretty fragile and they can get all of these easily. They also take up a lot of space.
CD Storage Boxes on the other hand are designed to protect your CDs from dust, scratches, humidity, sunlight, etc., It provides you with easy access to the CD you want to play without having to search through all the other CDs lying around. It also keeps your collection neatly organized, easy to find, and in pristine condition for many years to come.
What are the types of CD Storage Boxes Cardboard?
There are mainly 2 types of CD Storage Boxes Cardboard available in the market:
1) PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) based
PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) based CD storage boxes:
PVC is a construction-grade plastic and when molded into thin sheets, it is used in a wide variety of products in our homes such as table cloths, shower curtains, etc. It is also the base material for making CDs and DVDs. It is inexpensive, not very sturdy but has a high volume of usage in the market for CD storage boxes.
Polyethylene based CD storage boxes:
Polyethylene is one of the most common thermoplastics used in manufacturing CD Storage Box Cardboard today. It is sturdy, lighter than PVC, and provides better protection to your CDs than PVC. It is also better than PVC when it comes to recycling and the cost of production. Considering all these factors, manufacturers around the world have switched over from PVC-based CD storage boxes to Polyethylene based ones in recent years.
There are many types of CD storage boxes available in the market like
- 10 pack Jewel Cases (CD Boombox)
- 10 pack binders
- 100 pack cases etc.
Depending on the number of CD sleeves they hold, whether or not they require assembly before use, and whether or not they keep your CDs in a spine out position.
What are the benefits of using a CD storage box?
There are many benefits to using a CD storage box over other solutions available in the market:
- Keeps your CDs safe from dust, scratches, damage due to humidity, corrosion, etc., for many years to come.
- Provides easy access to a CD you want to play/use without having to search through all the other CDs lying around.
- Protects your investment by keeping your CD collection in pristine condition for many years to come.
- Organize your CDs neatly, providing easy access to them and eliminating the need to search through all the other CDs lying around.
- Keep your home entertainment center or study room neat and organized so you can enjoy it more.
- Save space, CD storage boxes are designed to stack one on top of each other.
- Most CD storage boxes are stackable, so you can save even more space by stacking them on top of each other.
- Most CD storage boxes are designed to fit in the shelves provided in your entertainment center or study room, saving even more space.
- Save money as they protect your CDs from damage which you might otherwise have to incur by replacing them with a new one.
- They are designed to be lightweight and easy-to-move, so they are easy to use.
The CD storage boxes are very inexpensive considering the benefits over other solutions available in the market. Compared to bookshelves where you need separate space for each type of CD (like movies, music, games, etc.) in separate bookshelves which takes up a lot of space and are not efficient.
What are the downsides or limitations?
There are some downsides to using a CD storage box over other solutions available in the market:
- It is slightly more expensive than alternatives such as using a plastic bag to store CDs etc.
- Since the CD storage boxes are stackable, it is easy to knock over a pile of them if you’re not careful. The solution to this downside is simply being careful when stacking these boxes on top of each other and/or using a rack for storing your CDs instead.
What The Custom Packaging Hub does?
At TheCustomPackagingHub, we provide one of the largest selections of CD storage boxes available in the market. Each product in our catalog has been designed and manufactured by some of the world’s leading brands to give you maximum protection for your CDs while being lightweight, easy to use, and stackable. Our catalogs are frequently updated with new merchandise so you can enjoy our latest offers.